A SOFT EVOLUTION TOWARDS AGROECOLOGY
Each intervention of the teams in the vineyard is designed to respect the land and ensure the quality of the wine made.
From an environmental point of view, Château La Grâce Dieu des Prieurs is implementing concrete measures to preserve the balance between environmental issues, vine growing and the preservation of living organisms.
Each parcel of land is studied and thought out to limit the use of inputs and thus provide a specific and adapted treatment, more respectful of the environment.
This fundamental approach goes together with the reduction of tractor traffic and thus significantly reduces the carbon footprint of the Château.
AGROECOLOGY AND AGROFORESTRY
Biodiversity is now at the heart of the estate’s priorities and is fully integrated into the Château’s agroecological and agroforestry practices:
– Installation of nesting boxes specifically adapted to bats and chickadees to fight against harmful species to the vine, especially butterfly pests.
– Late mowing for improved biodiversity thanks to a inventory of plant species
– Conservation of natural areas and planting of hedges and fruit trees.
– Sexual confusion by using pheromones in the vines.
– Shredding of vineyard waste (wood, shoots, etc.) to serve as green manure.
HIGH ENVIRONMENTAL VALUE
– The Château is now certified HVE level 3 (the highest), a certification issued by the Gironde Chamber of Agriculture and attesting to specific environmental measures.
– This certification supports the environmental measures implemented by the estate under four main themes: biodiversity, phytosanitary strategy, fertilization management and water resources.
– Château La Grâce Dieu des Prieurs is committed to protecting and developing the biodiversity of the estate, limiting inputs and any other agricultural action that may weaken the land, air, and water quality.